1 2009-05-27 12:24:02

Topic: YOY a.k.a. why oh why

This topic serves two purposes:
- To check if I can create new ones as usual after forum upgrade.
- To ask the all-powerful Admin why do I have to click "Login" every time I visit the forum. I was logged in automatically in the previous forum incarnation. Did I miss anything?

2 2009-05-27 12:44:05

Re: YOY a.k.a. why oh why

After 5 minutes of inactivity you are no longer logged in. This can be changed; there might be a reason why it currently is set like that, but I don't know.

douglas's Website

3 2009-05-27 13:07:13

I left the forum after posting this topic so it must have been longer than 5 mins ago and when I clicked on the link I got in the e-mail (I subscribed to this topic) and came to this page I saw I was logged in. I didn't have to log in to post this reply.

There's a "Stay subscribed" checkbox underthe  textbox I write my reply. It's nice sb got this right: on other forums it read "Subscribe" and it's always unchecked, even when I'm currently subscribed. I tried checking the box (on other forums) and than I got "You're already subscribed" error.

Last edited by karol (2009-05-27 13:11:13)

4 2009-05-27 19:17:56

karol

> - To ask the all-powerful Admin why do I have to click "Login" every time I visit the forum.

That I would imagine has to do with an unbaked or half eaten cookie, something perhaps more to do with your browser. I think perhaps the old cookies may not work as expected with the forum upgrade and may need to be
deleted or otherwise beaten into submission.

douglas

> After 5 minutes of inactivity you are no longer logged in.

The way I understand that to work is the timeout affects how long you are displayed as being logged in after a period of inactivity. I may have missed a default logout timer and will look for that later.

... I have just discovered there is a timer on the "post reply" window and will see if what I can do to extend it If anyone thinks it advisable.

5 2009-05-28 01:05:31

douglas

Thank you for drawing that to my attention, I see now what the cryptic notation intends.
Whoever wrote that has a brilliant future drafting legislation anywhere in the world.

For anyone interrested, some timeouts have been strectched considerably ...